Advantages and disadvantages of using AC adapter and directly using AC power supply
This page summarizes the advantages and disadvantages of specifying the AC adapter. Compare with AC power supply directly. In recent years there are many devices to switch from AC power supply to AC adapter.
1, When using AC adapter
- When specifications such as the input voltage range change, it is possible to respond by replacing the adapter.
- Easy to replace when power supply fails.
- By using the power supply as a part, it is possible to reduce the number of parts used for the equipment and reduce the cost.
- It can also be used as a battery charger.
- When special specification is required, it becomes expensive.
- It is necessary to carry equipment and adapter together.
2, When using AC power directly
- Optimum design for equipment can be made.
- It saves you the trouble of carrying the equipment and the adapter together.
- Easy to deal with special specifications that the equipment needs independently.
- When the power supply fails, it is necessary to exchange or repair each device.
- Model management is necessary according to power supply specifications.
You can get the product catalog in PDF.
Since 1989, UNIFIVE has maintained the quality of their AC power adapters and switching power supplies through a rigorous quality,see more